Re: If Debian's too radical for you... [was: NEW handling: About rejects, and kernels]

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 08:49:39AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:13:05 +1100, Matthew Palmer
> >"Some would say that this has already happened".  Not a fork, per se, but
> >Ubuntu's licencing policy (and the general level-headedness of the people I
> >know who are deeply involved in it) suggests that it may be the refuge you
> >seek.
>
> Is it as easy to participate with Ubuntu as it is with Debian?

I can't say for sure, since I'm not an Ubuntu contributor, but from what
I've read on their website, it doesn't look particularly difficult.  Their
BTS and communications are open, and they have a documented process for
getting upload access, so the basics are there.  There appears to be several
volunteer contributors already, so I think things are running along there.

I guess whether "it's as easy as Debian" is subjective -- some people will
probably find it easier to contribute, and others more difficult, because of
the differing styles of the two projects.  Those who have a religious
objection to our e-mail based BTS, for instance, might find Ubuntu's
bugzilla more appealing.  <grin>

- Matt