Re: How to define a release architecture

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 05:31:58AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 01:13:15PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 01:11:32AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
>
> > > You didn't answer the question I asked.  Do you believe that DSA should be
> > > spending its limited resources keeping hardware running for dead
> > > architectures?
>
> > No. They never did, and they never should. The fact that some people are
> > involved with both DSA and buildd maintenance doesn't mean DSA, as a
> > group, has anything to do with buildd maintenance.
>
> - the Debian System Administrators (DSA) must be willing to support
>   debian.org machine(s) of that architecture
>
> - there must be a developer-accessible debian.org machine for the
>   architecture.
>
> Who maintains crest.debian.org?

Uh, sorry, I was confused there; I thought you were only talking about
maintaining buildd machines for architectures.

In any case, the burden to maintain one (or two) hosts as general
developer-accessible machines is far lighter than to impede DSA with
having to maintain all buildd hosts...

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks