Re: How to define a release architecture

Matthew Garrett <mjg59@srcf.ucam.org> writes:

> * the release architecture must be publicly available to buy new
>
> Avoids a situation where Debian is keeping an architecture alive.

I don't understand this. What is the problem with Debian is keeping an
architecture alive? What problem are you trying to solve here?

> * the value of N above must not be > 2
>
> This effectively sets an upper limit on the length of time a single
> package may take to build, which helps ensure that doing things like
> security fixes for Openoffice doesn't become a problem.

If the point is to set an upper limit on the length of time a single
package may take to build, why not take that directly as a criterion?
It is even more objective. It might also encourage people to split
unreasonably large packages.

--
	Falk