Re: Do not make gratuitous source uploads just to provoke the buildds!

Mike Fedyk <mfedyk@matchmail.com> writes:

> Andreas Barth wrote:
>
>>* Wouter Verhelst (wouter@debian.org) [050321 00:25]:

> Why not include diffs of the source for the arches that required
> porting before the packages would compile and work properly for that
> arch to comply with this legal requirement?  This would allow for
> Tier2 arches to be released with a later point release or some other
> schedule.
>
> Mike

I was thinking of having support in the buildd to fetch source, check
a local patch archive for fixes, patch source, build package, add
patch to each debs /usr/share/doc/package/.

Would that satisfy the GPL or other DFSG licenses?

MfG
        Goswin