Re: NEW handling: About rejects, and kernels

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 05:23:12PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> > No, that is not acceptable, and probably not the right reason for this. Until
> > evidence proves otherwise, it is just because they don't care to read those
> > emails, and that that email address is simply forwarded to /dev/null.
>
> This assertion isn't justifiable. I appreciate that you're upset about
> the amount of feedback you're getting from ftp-masters, but that doesn't
> mean you should take the opportunity to abuse them further. Doing so
> helps nobody, and certainly doesn't encourage them to send you more
> email.

I only state my own experience. I got nil reply, so what do you expect ?

> Problems with communication come from both sides. If you're rude to
> people, they become less likely to do useful stuff for you.

So ? And when i am asked to pass time on stuff because this or that need ot
the release, i should just do it ? What would you say of a maintainer who acts
like this ? QA would take over i believe since long time.

Hurt,

Sven Luther