Re: How to pin certain packages from experimental?

* Marc Haber [Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:03:21 +0100]:

> |  Version Table:
> |     4.50-4 555
> |        500 http://debian.debian.zugschlus.de sid/main Packages
> | *** 4.50-1 555
> |        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> |     4.44-2 555
> |        500 http://debian.debian.zugschlus.de sarge/main Packages
> |[2/502]mh@lefler:~$

> available versions (4.44-2, 4.50-1 and 4.50-4) are pinned to priority
> 555.

> And I see that the pin is somewhat wrong, as the 555 pin should only
> apply to packages available from the experimental distribution and not
> to sarge and sid.

  The priority of each version/location is the number at the left of it,
  in this case, 500, 100, 500. Those numbers are correct.

  I've seen people asking about the number at the right of the version
  several times (such number is usually 0). IME, it's just the last
  priority you specified for the package in /etc/apt/preferences for
  that package.

  As for the behavior you experience, I'm afraid I have no explanation,
  but perhaps it's just apt normal behavior for that high priority...

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out.