Re: A new arch support proposal, hopefully consensual (?)

In article <[🔎] 1111331797.6612.84.camel@pianobar.home.ouaza.com> you wrote:
> Debian as a whole shouldn't suffer from minority arches. So we decide to
> refuse most of the constraints imposed by the minority arches... this
> way the release team shouldn't pester porter until they setup an
> rbuilder for security uploads or a supplementary buildd.

A good strategy would be to limit the bandwith, cpu-power and man-power
needed to build the packages of a distribution. This essentially means you
only release a base system, like Fedora or FreeBSD does.

Releases of additional packages ("Extra", "Ports") can then be made as
snapshots with different release cylces for the slower architectures.

I think it is important to release the base system more often, and I really
admire what Fedora has done here. And this was for sure only possible with
a limited set of packages.

On the other hand: we should table this discussion until our release.

Greetings
Bernd