Re: NEW handling ...

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 05:05:07PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> > And yes, i volunteer to help out NEW handling, if that help is wanted.
>
> Just for the record, not to anyone directly, it just fits here:
> This is not how it works. Offering something randomly and then sitting
> back waiting, later maybe complaining offer wasnt accepted.
>
> The way I got into the ftpteam was simple to do the work.
> ssh to merkel, looking at the changes files if I find a reason for the
> package to go out of new, compiling a list of stuff, feeding it to one
> of the guys who could run lisa on it.
> Done that a few times with some long lists, got some packages out of
> NEW. Now I do it myself...
>
> So, If you want anything to be done: Dont write mails about it how it
> could be done, just do it, anything else is just to be treated as the
> stuff our politicians say...

Easy thing. i tried to help ftp-masters on some case which where important and
where packages got undully retained in NEW for long time (and these where the
powerpc kernels, which on two occasions had a >1 month waiting time in the
past, and the kernel-latest-powerpc metapackages, which will not be used by
d-i because of the >1.5 month waiting time), and i didn't get a single reply
to this.

And do you seriously think that the ftp-master team would have been expanded
like it has, if the issue would not have aired publicly recently ? I have some
doubts about it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther