Re: NEW handling ...

Hi, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> I wonder if we could change Debian's attitude to NEW rejection like has
> happened with NMUs -- that having your package rejected isn't the end of the
> world, it's just something that happens.  So ftpmasters could reject with
> less fear of being taken to the cleaners by random pissed-off maintainers on
> d-devel.

My off-the-wall guess is that most DDs have problems with getting rejected
because NEW takes a comparatively long time. Thus, after your package is
stuck in NEW for two weeks, you get told that it's rejected because of a
minor problem you could fix with a reupload just as easily -- instead,
it's going to be stuck in NEW for *another* two weeks.

That's (some) developer's view of the situation.

The ftpmaster's view seems to be (I imagine not without some
justification) that, unless the package is rejected, the average DD will
never bother to fix it. :-/

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de