Re: Accepted valknut 0.3.7-1 (i386 source)

> Bug #289643 was not a request for packaging the new upstream version: it
> was a bug report complaining about the program failing to start.  "New
> upstream version" has nothing to do with why this bug was closed.

Does valknut start now? Maybe new upstream version fixed that? I know changes
in packaging didn't.

> Bug #269952 was not a request for packaging the new upstream version; it
> was a report about broken icons.

Are the Icons fixed now? Maybe new upstream version fixed that? I know changes
in packaging didn't.

> Bug #265284 was not a request for packaging the new upstream version; it
> was a request to change some strings in the interface, which were changed
> upstream.  But "New upstream version" is not why this bug was closed.

does the new version have a corrected strings? Maybe new upstream version
fixed that? I know changes in packaging didn't.

> Bug #270096 and bug #286234 are requests for the new upstream version.  So
> it is appropriate to list them as such.
>
> If you're going to use the upload bug-closing convenience feature, use it
> right -- your changelog should have something relevant to say about the
> bug, which is *not*, in this case, "New upstream version".

If new upstream version corrects bug, isn't it right close the bug? I had an
impression that changelog is meant for the changes in packaging. If I haven't
changed package in any way which has something to do with bug, what can I
say? Ok, I can start adding upstream changelog items to debian changelog too
when it deals bugs, if that is wanted.

and IF you had read the package changelog
from /usr/share/doc/valknut/changelog.Debian.gz  you should have noticed
that, I have always "said something relevant" when it dealt packaging. Random
attack is fun, isn't it?

Regards,
Pasi Savilaakso