Scripsit Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de>
> Hi, Marco d'Itri wrote:

>> That on some servers I'd like to mirror both archives, and I'd rather not
>> waste a few GB on duplicated files.

> This may be a stupid question, but if you already mirror full-monty, what
> would you gain by also mirroring ftp.d.o on the same server?

As far as I understand, this was in the context of an IRREGULAR
architecture making a "stable" release which contained package
versions that are not present in the official archive. Then the
special repository with the arch-specific stable would neither be a
subset of ftp.d.o nor vice versa; yet they could still have much
source in common.

--
Henning Makholm               "Jeg skrællet har kartofler; min ene tommeltot
                          røg vistnok med i gryden. Jeg har det ellers got."