Re: [RFC] OpenLDAP automatic upgrade

Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> writes:

> If there were anything besides FUD, I'd consider it on its own merits,
> but all I've seen thus far is an anecdote that OpenLDAP has trouble with
> some version of db4.3 on some platform because of some undescribed flaw
> related to the log format change.  There does not appear to be a report
> in the Debian BTS about this problem.

You should probably bear in mind that the problem was judged by the
OpenLDAP maintainers to be sufficiently severe that they removed db4.3
from their supported db version list in the latest release of OpenLDAP.
That's a bit more than FUD, although I agree that it's not specifics.

I agree that it's unclear at the moment whether the problem is unique to
OpenLDAP or whether other applications would encounter the same problem.