Re: NEW handling ...

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 02:35:27AM +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 03:29:28PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Ideally we would see forming a little NEW-reviewing comittee which would
> > facilitate the job of the ftp-masters. This is also in accordance of the
> > small-team proposal in debian.
> >
> > It would be nice to have the opinion of the ftp-masters on this, if this
> > seems credible, and if there are design issues with it.
>
> As far as a NEW-review team, when I raised this about a week ago, aj said
> that you'd effectively be ftpmasters, so why not be an ftpmaster?

Well, it is clear that the ftp-master's job don't scale, they have admitted as
much with both the delays in NEW handling and their participation in the
Vancouver proposal.

Now the idea was to find some way to help them along, and this may be the
solution to it. Notice that they still have veto right so nothing can get past
them if thet don't want.

Having them take positive action to counter the NEW review team or the
automated scripts may speed things up somewhat though.

/me wonders what the ratio of really-new over not-new NEW packages are anyway.

Friendly,

Sven Luther