Re: NEW handling ...

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 04:36:25PM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi, Sven Luther wrote:
> > It would be nice to have the opinion of the ftp-masters on this, if this seems
> > credible, and if there are design issues with it.
>
> A checklist of what NEW processing actually entails would be great too.

See http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/sponsorship_checklist.html for my
personal criteria for sponsorship, which isn't quite NEW processing, but I
presume solves a similar problem.  Additions welcome.

>   aren't gratuitiously many (a -doc package for 10 kbytes of
>   documentation...) (what's the current opinion on that, anyway?)

I think it's pretty much like pornography.  "I know it when I see it".  10kB
is probably too small, but I don't think there's a hard-and-fast cutoff.

- Matt