Re: Release sarge now, or discuss etch issues?

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

>> Meanwhile, there have been statements on -vote, e.g. by aj in
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/03/msg00626.html
>
> Err, from the announcement:
>
> "This is a very large step, and while we've discussed it fairly
> thoroughly and think we've got most of the bugs worked out, we'd
> appreciate hearing any comments you might have."

In the context of the rest of that text, this didn't sound to me like
"We expect that this might have to be changed based on your comments",
but rather like "No go on and bite on it until your teeth break, we
don't plan to change anything about it but cosmetics".

I know now that this interpretation was wrong.

> For example, "I think this is a bad idea, because afaics it will make
> doing ... much more difficult -- and that's important because of
> ... -- and I can't see any way around that." is a comment.

There's plenty of that sort, and more constructive ones, too.  By the
way, we're still missing an explanation from the ftp-masters what the
particular problems are that this team has with tackling many arches.
This would be necessary to be able to develop working alternatives to
the proposal.

Regards, Frank

P.S. Did you notice that one paragraph in nearly every posting you made
recently contains overlong lines?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster