On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 07:42:24PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> For that matter, why is it necessary to follow testing on an ongoing basis,
> instead of just building against everything in stable once it's released?

I believe it is best to follow testing, since this allow those arches to start
doing the work for the whole release cycle, and in particular to help fix
arch-specific bugs in the tier-1 archive as soon as they are found.

Doing this once stable has been released will cause a (probably very long for
slower arches) undue delay in being ready for a arch-stable release, and
probably make the source changeset over tier-1 stable bigger than necessary
due to the fact that arch-specific fixes will only be fixed once tier-1 stable
has been released.

Friendly,

Sven Luther