Re: .d.o machines which are down (Re: Questions for the DPL candidates)

In article <[🔎] 20050315142813.GA13754@deprecation.cyrius.com>
leader@debian.org writes:
>> According to db.d.o:
>
>The complete URL is http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi just for
>reference.
>
>>  - auric: RAID is dead (and auric is basically demilitarized since the
>>    compromise -- not even running a buildd, although I'm not sure
>>    about that)
>
>As I understand it, the plan was to convert auric into a buildd but
>the RAID needs to be fixed.

auric has been a buildd on and off.  Apparently it's off again.  From
what I understand the raid needs solaris to configure, it might be
better to switch to conventional disks with software raid since this
seems to be a reliability issue.

I've also offered a machine I have to run as a sparc buildd, hosting
and maintaining it myself.

>Ben Collins was looking into this but I
>don't know about the status.  I've also heard discussions several
>months ago about using one of Ben's really fast machines.

>If we do need auric and if we need resources to fix the RAID, Debian
>can make funding available.
>
>>  - kubrick: disk is dead

I've also volenteered disks if needed.

--