Re: s390 not currently projected releasable

Scripsit Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org>
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 06:27:34PM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:

>> How can something really be "blocked by the w-b admins"? The buildds
>> build .debs from publicly available source packages, don't they?  They
>> upload to the upload queues that are avaiable to every DD, don't they?

> They often build packages out of incoming and need access to the hidden
> Packages files.

If the architecture is really badly lagged, a significant dent in the
backlog should be achieveable just by building from sources that have
reached the mirror network.

> Also all buildds needs to use one w-b, or you will get crazy,

Why?

> It is possible, either you setup you own w-b or do it by hand, the later
> is a time consuming process.

How so? I seriously doubt it will take more than 100 lines of perl to
produce a list of packages that needs to be built on architecture X,
and where all build-dependencies can be fulfilled now. Sorting them in
reverse wanna-build order may take some more work, but if the arch is
stalled by hundreds of packages, even random selection should help.

> And you will generate a lot of noise with rejected packages.

Which might trouble the big evil w-b admin enough to allow the buildd
into the fold. Or might not.

--
Henning Makholm                    "They want to be natural, the anti-social
                                 little beasts. They just don't realize that