Re: status of buildds?

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 11:34:58PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:41:12AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:
> > > If the s390 team is unhappy with w-b, they can simply set up their own
> > > autobuilding and do it themselves; all the software is free software.
> [..]
> > We did that last year for m68k, mips, mipsel and alpha and it produced
> > a great flame since some machines where hosted by non DDs and none of
> > them were approved by the debian admin team. The opinions (including
> > an RM too) expressed in that flame resulted in the effort to help
> > archs with backlogs with extra buildds to shut down to comply with
> > their wishes.
> As you well know, the problem was that the buildds were run by
> non-developers for whom we have no trust relationship, not that they
> were being run by a developer unofficially.

So, you call me not trustworthy, although it was *me* to first help out m68k
when kullervo was unable to keep up with package building?
You call me not trustworthy, although all of the security team members had
an account on arrakis and used that for years of security building?
You call me not trustworthy, although I have setup crest, which still runs
with my licensed Amitcp Keys on its AmigaOS partition and I had root access
to it for a very long time?
You call me not trustworthy, although I still have root access to another
m68k buildd?
You call me not trustworthy, although I managed to get hardware not only for
m68k port, but for mips f.e. as well, and drove hundreds of kilometers two
weeks ago just to deliver another piece of hardware to another fellow m68k
developer?

*bummer*

--
Ciao...              //