On Tuesday 15 March 2005 11:10, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:
> > towards "making Debian", and the ftpmasters are doing a decent chop of
> > things too.
>
> Sure, and I won't say the contrary. But having a great infrastructure
> (which is the case) and great people doing good work is of no help in
> making Debian if you haven't got any packages. We have some 10k+
> packages, only a fraction of them are actually maintained by those
> people.

Looking at efforts for coordination and doing the needed work for a stable
release (tracking RC bugs, D-I, security support, buildd administration) the
ratio is exactly the other way. Debian is Debian/stable. Removing those
working primarily on releasing would leave only a shell of Debian behind.

Regards, David
--
- hallo... wie gehts heute?
- *hust* gut *rotz* *keuch*