[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

amd64/multiarch transition (was: Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

On Monday 14 March 2005 20:24, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> If it weren't for sarge blocking us we would have submitted multiarch
> patches as early as one year ago. Should we start submitting / NMUing
> them for _experimental_ now to get this change running and tested? Or
> should we keep waiting for sarge getting released and then massfile
> them the next week?

From my observations on other major transitions, I believe it is typically 
handled by announcing and maintaining a public, central non-bts place to keep 
track of all major problems (including lists of affected packages [ORDER BY 
maint]) until 75-90% of the transition is finished and only afterwards file 
bugs on those packages that still pose problems. This often also included 
maintaining a external repository with all changed packages (see SELinux for 

Regards, David

- hallo... wie gehts heute?
- *hust* gut *rotz* *keuch*
- gott sei dank kommunizieren wir über ein septisches medium ;)
 -- Matthias Leeb, Uni f. angewandte Kunst, 2005-02-15

Reply to: