On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 10:21:13PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
>
> >> In fact I strongly suggest switching to source-only after Sarge is
> >> released.
> >seconded, and ubuntu has proven that it is possible.
>
> "Ubuntu this, ubuntu that, ubuntu there, ..."
>
> EH, just because ubuntu did it its good? Then why a no to the "drop
> other arches" - ubuntu only has 3 IIRC. It must be good.
>
> Just because Ubuntu did something and it may work for them doesnt mean
> its good for Debian.

Ok, let's look at it differently. I was against dropping source only uploads
back then 2 or 3 years ago, and proposed an automated build of all arches, and
this was rejected by the ftp-masters then. This was years before ubuntu
existed or at least was brought to common knolwedge. Now those same
people who rejected it back then are implementing it in ubuntu.

And yes, i think it would be good for debian.

Friendly,

Sven Luther