Hi, Humberto Massa wrote:

>>They do not really, provided you keep about all the intermediate .o files of
>>the preceding build, depending on the security fix naturally.
>
> My points are: (1) this is feasible/viable

No it isn't. (a) the disk space requirements are humungous. (b) currently
we do not verify that rebuilding without an intervening "make clean"
works, i.e. that all dependencies are set up correctly. In fact, Policy
mandates the "make clean" between builds. Therefore (c) you can't assume
that your fixed source will result in fixed binaries. This is a security
fix, so it's especially important that the binaries get fixed.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de