On Monday 14 March 2005 17:46, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> John Goerzen wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > > - the release architecture must have N+1 buildds where N is the
> > > number required to keep up with the volume of uploaded packages
> > >
> > > - the value of N above must not be > 2
> >
> > It seems to me that if an arch can keep up with builds, why impose this
> > artificial restriction?
>
> I guess in order to have an assured minimum build time for critical
> packages like security updates.

if that's the point it would be a lot simpler to simply say
"security updates" will be announced x days after they enter the queue"

-> no waiting on architectures that are slow
-> no dropping any arches that manage to keep up (regardless of wether they
are used by a large percentage of users or not)
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)