David Schmitt <david@schmitt.edv-bus.at> schrieb:

> On Monday 14 March 2005 10:56, Aurélien Jarno wrote:
>> I think that supporting a lot of architectures is an important
>> difference between Debian and other distributions. Changing that could
>> have a dramatically influence of what users think of Debian. IMHO, such
>> an important decision should not be taken by a few developers. Maybe a
>> vote is need...
>
> Since this is already the second time, I see someone calling for a vote, I
> just want to note, that no vote in the world could force someone to do work
> he is not willing to do. Forcing RMs to resign via vote would leave Debian in
> a much worse state.

This is right.  I also used the word GR, but I do not want it.  All I
want is that the people that made that proposal (decision?) after the
Vancouver meeting accept that although they have a big saying here,
because they do much of the work involved, they're not the only ones.

And there are some suggestions around that would allow to combine both
goals: Dropping the workload of the release-team, ftpmaster team,
etc. considerably, while still trying to release "etch + ports
changes".  I hope the people from the Vancouver group will consider
these proposals.  May no GR, and even no GR draft, be needed for this.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich