>* Steve Langasek
>
>| If you are planning any other transitions that will affect a lot of
>| packages, please let us know in advance.  We will need to complete the
>| larger transitions as fast as possible, to get testing back into a
>| nearly releasable state quickly again after the release.

Whats a large transition? I'm working on slang1->slang2 in a private repository;
around 20 or so packages depending on it.

Currently slang2 is in pre-release; I'm working with upstream to merge Debian
patches into it, and building all slang1
dependencies against it.

Expect patches in BTS two weeks after sarge releases.

Also, I am planning on obsoleting console-tools and console-data and transitioning
to kbd; again, small but base change; see code  ASAP to test for breakages.

Regards
Alastair McKinstry  <mckinstry@debian.org>