Re: Not every package should enter Debian (was: Re: Who cares about NEW when there are bigger issues? (was Re: Is NEW processing on hold? (was: Question for candidate Towns)))

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 02:15:54AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> writes:

>> That being said, sources which just sprout new binary packages
>> really should be passed through NEW automagically.

> I made a foolish mistake not too long ago that would never have been
> caught by this mechanism; I was most grateful for Anthony Towns
> working with me to do it correctly.

Other maintainers have made "foolish mistakes" in the past that
haven't been caught because nobody checked their upload (new version
of existing packages) before it entered Debian. So ftp-master should
check *all* uploads? I don't think so.

--
Lionel