Op zo, 13-03-2005 te 23:36 -0800, schreef Steve Langasek:
> Personally, I'd love to see our porter teams rise to the occasion and
> prove that we can release etch in 18 months with 8 architectures meeting
> these criteria instead of 4; but the first step is to shift the burden
> onto the porters, which is not where I believe it is today.

Note that I *have* offered to help out maintaining buildd hosts for
architectures currently maintained by other people who are also in other
roles in the project, and that this help was turned down; and given the
fact that I've maintained a varying number of buildd hosts (but at least
one) ever since july 2001, I would say that I'm more than qualified to
do this.

While I did (and still do) understand the reasons for not accepting that
help, it's not really fair now to suddenly say that the burden "isn't on
the porters today".

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks