Re: Stateless linux in Debian

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 02:14:37PM -0500, linux romeo wrote:
> Hello,
>          State Linux looks like a good project to ease management of
> enterprise desktops
> http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/stateless/
> is debian planning for incorporating it or is there some substitute
> project for it

Hmm, this looks rather similar to what I'm trying to do with lessdisks
in debian-edu, setting up diskless workstations. So far I have an
installation with 24 diskless PIII-800MHz with 256 MB memory, using an old
PIII-600MHz server with 1GB memory. the 24 clients were donated from a
local company after the School's new computer lab was stolen.

It has been working now for 2 months, but there is still more tuning to
do. I have written some about the use here:

The solution is installable from this image:
 rsync ftp.skolelinux.no::skolelinux-sarge/debian-edu_sarge-i386_last-bzz.iso

Finn-Arne Johansen