gconf, kde: cleanup tmp after X logout

are there any X login manager independent scripts they were run after the
X session is closed? Is there a possibility for gconf, artsd and alike to
register to get called when the X session ends to bring down there

I admin a linux pool for nearly 500 people. After two weeks uptime there
are so much processes running and waiting for the next login of the user.

Now I will set up kdm our x login manager to run some commands on logout
like "gconftool --shutdown". But is there a more generic way? And why do
packages like gconf2 and artsd not shutdown their services?

Bye, Joerg.

NetBSD ist für Frauen: es läuft auf Waschmaschinen