Re: is xprint still used by mozilla, etc?

Drew Parsons wrote:
Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
I removed the xprint dependencies in debian-edu, cause it does not work
out of the box, and it's confusing. Printing using cups works, both
with mozilla (suite) and OOo.

Xprint works perfectly fine out of the box.

Well I'm sure it does, But when I set up a printer in cups, and have Xprint running, I get the Printers up in Mozilla as "something@somewhere" (it's been a while). When I try to point my printouts to one of those printers, nothing happens. Using lpr, lp, gtklp or kprinter, The printing (almost) always works. So I did not investigate time to find out why XPrint did not work. Instead I removed XPrint.

I don't remember receiving a bug report from you.

I did not invest any time trying to find out what was happening. Instead I Removed Xprint, as I saw no use for it. What would it actually give us over using cups with lp/lpr/kprinter/gtklp ?

--
Finn-Arne Johansen, faj@bzz.no
Debian-edu developer