Bug#298973: ITP: libtorrent -- a BitTorrent library written in C++
Owner: Qingning Huo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : libtorrent
Version : 0.5.1
Upstream Author : Jari Sundel <email@example.com>
* URL : http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/
* License : GPL
Description : a BitTorrent library written in C++
(Include the long description here.)
LibTorrent is a BitTorrent library written in C++ for *nix. It is
designed to avoid redundant copying and storing of data that other
clients and libraries suffer from. Licensed under the GPL.
* The client has full control over the polling of sockets.
* Sigc++ signals makes i easy for the client to react to events.
* Fast resume which checks the file modification time.
* Direct reading and writing from network to mmap'ed files:
o Avoids duplication of data where both the application and the
kernel has a copy of the file chunk.
o Unused chunks get thrown out or written to disk instead of the swap.
o Kernel handles caching of the file.
* File hash check:
o Uses the same thread.
o Client can control the rate. (Will be improved)
o Only one torrent at a time is checked.
o Non-blocking and preload to cache with the mincore and madvise system calls.
* Different download priorities for files in the torrent.
* Support for files larger than 2 GB.
* No dependency on any specific HTTP library, the client implements a wrapper class.
* Dynamic request pipe size.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: 3.1
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.9-1-686
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968)