Re: mipsel drop / buildd situation Was: [Fwd: Re: GTK+2.0 2.6.2-3 and buildds running out of space]

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 15:01 +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Clint Byrum (cbyrum@spamaps.org) [050307 18:15]:
> > Please understand.. I want Debian to be great. I want it to "release
> > when it is ready." Under the current system, being ready means achieving
> > an enormous number of goals that benefit a very small number of users.
>
> For sarge, the number of architectures is not the holding problem. For
> post-sarge, there has been some discussion inside the release team and
> the ftpmasters that will be published soon.

Its not the holding problem, I understand. I don't dispute that there
are other much bigger issues holding up the release. I'm saying that it
has exposed scalability problems in the way things are setup, and that
has contributed to the current problems.

Just because this isn't _the_ blocker for the release, doesn't mean its
not part of the problem.

--
Clint Byrum <cbyrum@spamaps.org>