Re: announcing first release of common database infrastructure package

hi martin,

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 01:23:51PM +1300, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> sounds really good. How do your scripts relate to the db management
> scripts provided by wwwconfig-common, maintained by Ola Lundqvist
> <opal@debian.org>?

my code is a superset of what's done in wwwconfig-common.  providing the
scripts/code to manage databases is only half of the idea behind this
project.  the other half is providing a normalized method for doing
so (that is, not just the scripts, but debconf questions, translations,
and a pre-arranged set of code for each maintainer script).

> I suspect your package should be either supercede wwwconfig-common or
> be rolled into it.

this supercedes what's in wwwconfig-common.  in fact, much of the
underlying internal code is taken from or at least originally based
on code from that package.

	sean