Re: I/O hardware, control of external transistors

On 02-Mar-05, 11:32 (CST), jim stockford <jim@well.com> wrote:
>    We want software control over three different transistors
> (screwed to the inside of the case).
>    We're having trouble figuring out what features (in the
> kernel, or device drivers, or external commands, or some
> package for some language such as perl or python or
> some C libraries...) give us control over logic levels of pins,
> and which pins (serial RS-232, parallel, what?).
>    Anybody got experience with this stuff?

Assuming you're talking aobut connecting a standard port to
the transistors, then http://www.torque.net/linux-pp.html and
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/IO-Port-Programming.html might be useful.

Note that these are the first two hits for googling "Linux parallel port
programming". Other searches are left as an excercise.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net