Re: [OT] maildir (was Re: procmail and Large File Support)

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 22:55 +0100, David Schmitt wrote:
> On Monday 28 February 2005 01:51, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 18:19 -0500, sean finney wrote:
> [snip]
> > > figuring the average email is about 13-15k, i believe an ext2/ext3
> >
> > That seems awfully huge.  In my (Maildir) archive of d-u, the
> > average size is 4,959 bytes.  Of course, there are no html mails.
> > Though, even in my Evolution list archive, where there are many
> > more html-mails, the average size is only 6,097.
>
> I ran statistics on maildirs of the university (of arts) mailserver I
> administer: ~90k per mail.

Art majors passing around scanned pictures of croissants?  ;)

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

When asked to name the chief qualification a politician should
have. "It's the ability to foretell what will happen tomorrow,
next month, and next year --- and to explain afterward why it
didn't happen."
Sir Winston Churchill