Re: dh_movefiles, tar vs. mv

* Frank Küster [Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:34:45 +0100]:

> I didn't look closely, but I think it might need quite some changes to
> the code. It seems dh_install uses cp -a for directories, and you cannot
> use hard links with directories (at least not generally, here on my ext3
> $HOME it does not work. And I suspect it could end in great mess).

  I remember that I once modified my dh_install to use cp -al. That will
  make each file be a hardlink, even if you copy a dir. It's fast.

  I wouldn't mind that dh_install accepted an option to behave like that.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Taking any religion too seriously --even the Church of Emacs-- can be
hazardous to your health.
                -- Richard Stallman