Re: Tips wanted for debugging and testing Debian

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 09:39:51PM +0100, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> >You can browse our bug database at <http://bugs.debian.org/>. A good way
> >to start is to search for any bugs in software you regularly use, and to
> >see if you can help out.
> >

> But what could one do, if the maintainer doesn't react (for some time) -
> such that even bugreport with fixes provided are never acted upon?

  If a bug is serious, and not a trivial thing, and if a patch has
 been filed then a NMU could be applied.

  Isn't that what we do when serious bugs are present and the maintainer
 doesn't fix them?

  (And if it's wishlist bug you'll expect to be flamed .. :)

Steve