Re: the ongoing xfree86 buildd saga

In article <[🔎] 20050223202717.GB12084@grep.be> you write:
>On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 09:17:59PM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
>> * Thomas Bushnell BSG [Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:13:42 -0800]:
>> > Do the buildd people read this list?  How do we get this cleaned up?
>>   That's not relevant, really. What matters is if they read their logs,
>>   and they certainly do.
>Indeed. The logs you see on buildd.debian.org arrive there by mail; they
>are also sent to the buildd admin, because every build requires some
>manual action to be performed (signing the .changes file for a
>successful build, telling the autobuilder what to do with an
>unsuccessful build).

At least one buildd maintainer signs successfull builds but apparnetly
ignores failed ones.  After random intervals (usually several months)
all failed builds are requeued whether they should be or not.
Requesting a specific requeue works with a week or two delay at times.
I've been filing most of the ftbfs bugs for that architecture.

You may wish to see my question to the tecnical committe on this
matter.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html