Bug#296653: ITP: symon -- symon is a system monitor.
* Package name : symon
Version : 2.69
Upstream Author : Willem Dijkstra <email@example.com>
* URL : http://www.xs4all.nl/~wpd/symon
* License : BSD
Description : symon is a system monitor.
symon is a system monitor for FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD and Linux. It can be used to obtain accurate and up to date information on the performance of a number of systems.
Currently the "suite" consists of these parts:
* symon - lightweight system monitor. Can be run with privleges equivalent to nobody on the monitored host. Offers no functionality but monitoring and forwarding of measured data.
* symux - persists data. Incoming symon streams are stored on disk in rrd files. symux offers systems statistics as they come in to 3rd party clients.
* syweb - draws rrdtool pictures of the stored data. syweb is a php script that can deal with chrooted apaches. It can show all systems that are monitored in one go, or be configured to only show a set of graphs.
* sylcd - symux client that drives 16x2 and 20x4 serial and usb CrystalFontz lcds. sylcd shows current network load on a specific host.
* SymuxClient.pm - generic perl symux client. Could, for instance, be used to get the hourly amount of data that was transmitted on a particular interface.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: 3.1
APT prefers testing
APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.8-1-686-smp
Locale: LANG=en_US, LC_CTYPE=en_US (charmap=ISO-8859-1)