Re: Let's remove mips, mipsel, s390, ... (Was: [Fwd: Re: GTK+2.0 2.6.2-3 and buildds running out of space])

On Sunday 20 February 2005 23:57, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> Clint Byrum <cbyrum <at> spamaps.org> writes:

> But then it doesn't matter anymore. These days, Debian is
> "infrastructure". We no longer make releases. We provide the basis from
> which others make releases -- Ubuntu, Prodigy, Knoppix, Custom debian
> dists etc pp.

em. at least for CDD's this is false, CDD-releases build on Debian releases
as the only differences between a CDD and Debian are:
- the initial set of installed packages
- the default configuration of those packages
(- some additions/changes not _yet_ added/merged back into Debian proper)

CDD's are currently based on Debian-stable (which is the reason Skoleinux,
for example. is still using kde 2.2), and eagerly anticipating the release
of Sarge
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)