Re: "The Debian exim 4 packages suck badly" on exim-users@exim.org

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

>> I don't know how these translation things are handled technically. But
>> since the intended meaning didn't change at all, I don't see why it is
>> better to have a "bad" english version and 40 equally "bad" translated
>> versions, over having a better english version, 10 better translated
>> versions, and 30 working translated versions with formally one
>> fuzzyness?
>
> One fuzzyness means the whole screen is shown in English.

Oh, sorry. I didn't think so far. But in fact in such case one could
fake the translation and simply unfuzzy it without making a change, of
course not before the unchanged file has been stored, and sent to the
translators.

No, it's not a good idea. Let's keep the change in mind for etch.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich