Re: "The Debian exim 4 packages suck badly" on exim-users@exim.org

> I don't know how these translation things are handled technically. But
> since the intended meaning didn't change at all, I don't see why it is
> better to have a "bad" english version and 40 equally "bad" translated
> versions, over having a better english version, 10 better translated
> versions, and 30 working translated versions with formally one
> fuzzyness?

One fuzzyness means the whole screen is shown in English.

So the choice is between a supposedly "perfect" English screen shown
to all users, no matter which language they prefer to use.....and 40
quite good screens which users may read in their own language.

The choice is also between translators happy to have achieved a full
process and have a complete translation in their language....and angry
teams because the templates have been broken again. Purely
psychological issue, sure....but that counts more than you may
imagine.

And, besides all this, a huge time wasting ot i18n coordinators trying
to get updates in by warning translators, then warn them again...then
make a status report to the package maintainers....usually two weeks
delay if we want to have the same translation ratio we had before the
change decision. I handled the last change with exim4 maintainers and,
believe me, that had a cost in matter of time.