Re: pwc-source headed for unstable this weekend

Scripsit sean finney <seanius@debian.org>
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 09:08:11PM +0100, Eric Lavarde wrote:

>> pwc: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.

> i'm guessing that this has to do with how you compiled the module.

IME, this message is typically seen when one complies a module against
a 2.6 kernel tree where 'make clean' has been run since the latest
kernel build.

The kernel-headers-2.6.*-foo packages should ship enough intermediate
files in /usr/src/kernel-headers/* to prevent this problem, but one
easily gets in trouble [1] if one compiles custom kernels without
being aware of the problem.

[1] Well, such as it is. As long as one does not get oneself in more
    trouble by trying to use the module against a different kernel
    build, the warning message at load time seems to be all that
    happens.

--
Henning Makholm                     "That's okay. I'm hoping to convince the
                      millions of open-minded people like Hrunkner Unnerby."