Re: please post listing and status of NEW queue

On 10203 March 1977, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:

>> It's now redirected to http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
> The new page looks really clean and easy to read.  Thanks to everyone
> who participated in making it available.  I like the "Age" column, but
> I think it's still useful to know the actual date when something was
> uploaded.

The way to generate this is(was) to modify a script from the
dak suite to output html instead of plain text. I tried to not make the
difference between my version and the existing one to big, so it mostly
shows what was already there, just with different format.

Of course its possible to extend that in the future, its not closed
software or patented or something...

> When something is uploaded multiple times, does the age count from the
> date of the first upload or of the last upload?

See the bottom of the site.
Note: The ordering of the output and the display of the Age column has
NOTHING to do with any way of how the ftpmasters handle anything in NEW.
Its just informational and I decided to show the youngest upload of any
package as that is the last time a Developer made something with it.

On 10203 March 1977, Igor Genibel wrote:
> On Thursday 17 February 2005 16:07, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
>> Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@v7w.com> wrote:
>> > It's now redirected to http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
> I will integrate per developer new queue in
> http://qa.d.o/developer.phpsoon

One purpose of the new.html on newraff is to have less (or none) script
running on merkel that wastes CPU cycles playing around with .changes
files. Merkel is the wrong place for such stuff. :) (And merkel is
updated only once a day, so it makes not much sense to run scripts
hourly there, just to have mentioned that).

--
bye Joerg
Die Dicke zum Spiegel: Spieglein, Spieglein an der Wand, wer ist die