Re: help needed with mips build failure

> Note that it's not sufficient for the fixed package to reach unstable, the
> buildd admins also (and more importantly) need to clean up the build chroots
> by manually reconciling the status of the xfree86-common package.

Yeah, I'd like to think it's not my job to make sure this happens.
Are the buildd admins aware of the problem?  Do I just need to send an
email asking them to requeue the failing builds?

> It looks like it, though now that I've figured out what was keeping me from
> updating to libtool 1.5 (and speaking of questionable upstream practices),
> I'm surprised to see that your changes in -7 don't run afoul of the fact
> that acinclude.m4 includes a complete local copy of the libtool autoconf
> macros...

lol, isn't it a dream?!

>   sed -i -n -e'/g-wrap.m4/,$p' acinclude.m4 && libtoolize --force --copy \
>   && aclocal-1.4 -I macros && autoconf
>
> looks like there's some manual fiddling that has to be done in
> po/Makefile.in.in as well; I'll send you a full patch privately once I have
> it building all the way through.

That would be gorgeous.  Many thanks for helping out on this, it is
very much appreciated.

> > Upstream reports that no 1.8 releases should be expected for things
> > like the build system;
>
> Yeah, a reasonable policy, though it would be nice if they used sane build
> scripts for any future releases on the 1.8 branch.  Is the gnome-2 branch
> already using libtool 1.5?

No, but it will be.  It is using the newer autoconf I'm told, and they
intend to switch to libtool 1.5 before release.

Thomas