Re: help needed with mips build failure

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:

> As for it being complicated, well, I believe you.  But you need not be
> upstream to change the build system, I have done that three or four times
> already.  It is not the most gratifying work in the world, at all... but the
> result is far easier to keep up-to-date and maintain by a LONG margin.

Have you looked at gnucash?  It's really insanely complicated; it's by
some measures the biggest gnome-1 program that gnome-1 ever had; it
has a bajillion separate shared libraries, uses gnome, and guile, and
plenty of other wonderful stuff too.

It's got a build system about as complicated as what we cooked up for
the Hurd or for libc, and those are not pretty either.

So anyone who is willing to offer some help, PLEASE do; I'm a little
frustrated because I never see any problems on *my* systems, which are
powerpc and i386.

Thomas