Re: debian-policy: Virtual package: change mp3-encoder with music-encoder

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 09:04:36AM +0200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> Wouldn't it be necessary for this to work for all music encoders to have
> the same command line interface? I haven't used MP3 encoders for many
> years, but in their simple forms, I vaguely recall them to have been at
> least somewhat similar in their command line syntax. They also produce
> the same type of output.

Acording to what i have in abcde, some mp3-encoders use -if for inputfile, -of
for outputfile, other use the inputfile as an argument but not need outputfile
and finally, lame, gogo, l3enc and xingmp3enc use INPUT and OUTPUT as
arguments.

I admit it is not the same case for all the encoders.

In case you believe i am talking BS i will close the bug.

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.10|Helsinki Finland

- ... todos necesitamos creer en algo.
- Si, yo también creo... Creo... que me voy a tomar una cerveza.
		--Sor Trini (Año Mariano)