First line in /etc/hosts

Current d-i writes the following line to the beginning of /etc/hosts:

   127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain localhost

Traditionally, this confuses some programs; at least pvm used to have
problems with this, and I'm fairly sure cfengine2 doesn't like it either, so
we've changed to

   127.0.0.1    <machinename>.<our domain> <machinename> localhost

However, now we've suddenly discovered that _other_ programs get confused by
this! In particular, if you use an NFSv4-patched mount, it does a
gethostname() and resolves that, which returns 127.0.0.1, which in turn makes
it happily use that as a client identifier to the remote server. (This breaks
when two or more such clients connect, obviously.)

So, one program has to be buggy here, but which? :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/