Re: please post listing and status of NEW queue

* David Moreno Garza [Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:59:22 -0600]:
> On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 22:52 +0100, Thomas Hood wrote:
> > On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:20:13 +0100, Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> > > Any input is welcome.

> > It would be nice if the page indicated which of the binary packages is new.

> The binary column indicates those created within the source package.
> Every source package on the summary is new, that's why it is on the NEW
> queue.

  Not really. See e.g. the kdevelop3 source package, which already
  exists in the archive. Sometimes, packages add one binary, or remove
  one. In this case, it was a rename, and if IUIC, Thomas would like
  something like:

       kdevelop3
      -kdevelop-data
      -kdevelop-dev
      -kdevelop-doc
      -kdevelop-plugins
      +kdevelop3-data
      +kdevelop3-dev
      +kdevelop3-doc
      +kdevelop3-plugins

  That is, a diff of the list of binary packages. Perhaps, one could
  colour red removed packages, and blue added ones.

  (Yes, I know red currently means 'targetted at experimental'. Mmmm,
  you could colour the source package as red, because distribution
  affects all of the binaries, right? If a package has more than one
  upload, one would colour it red if the _latest_ one is targetted at
  experimental.)

  Just my 2¢, but is late here.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence.
                -- Amos Bronson Alcott